Google as responsible entity
In connection with emerging reports of problems with the quality of connections during meetings in the Meet application (connection interruptions, freezes of the computer or browser and other Google services), we would like to inform you that the entity responsible for the provision of the service is Google.
All data packets are sent from the user to Google’s servers and back. In the case of work / learning, the IT Center cannot locate the causes of problems, because all communication takes place without the use of university devices and services. It also does not affect the quality of services provided by third parties, such as internet providers for home users.
Rules and Regulations for using the Google Apps for Education service at the University of Economics in Katowice
Conducting classes in the summer semester 2021/2022
WARNING! To take an active part in remote classes, you must have an e-mail account in the edu.uekat.pl domain! Accounts are created automatically after activating the account at the Virtual University!
Only the class creator has access to classes in Classroom !!! The IT Center cannot interfere with the classes!
In order to contact the IT Center regarding:
- losing your college email password
- problems logging in to email
- problems logging in to the moodle platform
- problems logging in to library resources
please contact us at email@example.com. Please also read carefully the instructions available in each section.
- What is the eduroam network?
- EDUROAM wireless network configuration for Windows OS
- EDUROAM wireless network configuration for macOS
- EDUROAM wireless network configuration for Android OS
- How to configure eduroam network for Linux – Ubuntu?
- How do I connect to the eduroam network with Windows XP?
- Where is a wireless network available in the UE?
- Who do I contact regarding the eduroam network?
- How to get username and password/activate wireless access or change password?
- In progress.
- In progress.
- How to set an auto reply (autoresponder/vacation)?
- Registration of a Google Workspace account for employees
- Add new Identity – Roundcube
- How do I log in to Google Workspace university e-mail for the first time?
- Defense against phishing
- How to set up an e-mail account on the UE in Katowice?
- How to recover the password to my e-mail account?
- Guide and bilingual e-mail footer generator
- How may I change my password myself?
- How to set up e-mail forwarding on my account to another e-mail address?
- How to set a signature in RoundCube and Google Workspace mail program?
- How to set the signature in: Thunderbird, Windows Mail/Live, Outlook?
- How to set an alias in RoundCube?
- How to enable SMTP authentication?
- How to change the default SMTP port?
- Which server should I set to receive and send e-mails?
- I did not manage to activate my account on the mailing list. How can I do that?
- I want to send mailing to all students/employees. How does it work?
- One browser – one account!
- Support for conferences organised in the CNTI building
- Instructions for cleaning web browsers
- Instructions on activating the Incognito mode in web browsers
- Electronic Work Card
- How to check the basic computer parameters?
- Flashing of Windows 10 on terminals in the CNTI building and rooms.
- Recording materials from a computer
- Microsoft Teams