After selecting the Launch Safe Exam Browser button, the screen will turn blue and then return to desktop mode – the browser will not open,
After selecting the Launch Safe Exam Browser, the browser will open, the platform’s page will appear, but after logging in, the same selection options will appear as in the case of starting the test in the base browser (no Attempt quiz now) button,
(click to zoom)
(click to zoom)
A window called Reconfiguration may appear with a configuration file to download
(click to zoom)
Errors turning on the browser
Information about incorrect configuration – Windows 7.
It is available to everyone to check if the browser is working properly.
Attention! The browser should not be opened from the system position, and access to the browser is possible only during the test approach. The student does not need to configure anything.
1. CAUTION! NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE CONFIGURATION FILE !!!
2. THE CONFIGURATION FILE CANNOT BE DOWNLOADED WHILE IN THE SEB BROWSER !!!
3. READ FURTHER PROBLEMS AND BROWSER INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS 7 !!!
Enables the test placed in the course, then selects one of the following options:
Download SEB – allows you to switch to the page with the available installation file for download
Enable SEB – If the latest version is installed, the browser will be automatically enabled
Download configuration – after downloading the “config.seb” file, enable it to open the SEB viewer
The student logs in to the moodle platform again, this time in a secure browser, by selecting the “Log in with Google | uekat.pl” button, and then entering login details to the university e-mail in the edu.uekat.pl domain
After logging in, he will be redirected to the page with the button “Try to solve this test now” – this page does not contain any links except the button to start the test.
Click on the picture to enlarge
Click on the picture to enlarge
ATTENTION! Enabling a safe browser does not prevent the use of a browser on which SEB has been enabled, e.g. in the case of a MEET meeting.
All other options that prevented switching between windows or using a virtual machine are kept.
After selecting the “Enable SEB Browser” button, the original browser will “ask” for access (if the browser does not start, update it to the latest version): Mozilla Firefox
When I enable SEB through Safari on macOS, I get a message saying that redirect is not possible. If the SEB browser has been properly installed in macOS, after refreshing the page, the message shown in the image below will appear:
Select the Allow option to enable the SEB browser.
2. Choose Identities. The preview in shows which identities have been added
3. To add a new identity, we select the sign “+”
4. Fill the fields with the appropriate data. Please note which e-mails were added in the identity list. If the address “firstname.lastname@example.org” exists, do not need to add it. After filling in the fields, click save.
Please temporarily disable the anti-virus program and re-enable the SEB browser via the configuration file
2. SEB installation is corrupted
If you can continue working after clicking OK, you must uninstall and reinstall the browser – make sure to check that all files have been deleted and disable the HTTPS traffic analyser in BITDEFENDER or ESET.
. If SEB does not work after clicking OK, check the logs.
1) Open up ‘Computer Management’ (Right click on the Windows ‘start’ button)
2) Select ‘Services and Applications’ (left side panel)
3) Right click on ‘WMI Control’ > ‘Properties’
4) On the [General] tab you should see some error messages
5) Go to the [Backup/Restore] tab and choose to manually restore
6) Select the file aptly named ‘Corrupted.rec’ found in ‘C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository’
7) Wait for the service to restart
7) Start MIK6
4. No button “Try to solve this test now”:
The student uses the wrong version of the SEB browser (3.0 based on the Chrome engine), the correct version is 2.4 based on Mozilla Firefox.
A student does not open the browser via the configuration file.
If the problems still occur, CNTI provides computer workstations for the exam. To use the workstation, please contact your lecturer.
After approval of the application by the Administrator, you can proceed to create the exam.
1. It is recommended to set the exam registration first.
Expand the Users field in the “Exam administration” menu on the left and select “Enrolment methods”.
An inactive field is greyed out.
To enable saving, click the icon by to make the icon appear .
You can edit the saving method by selecting the settings icon .
Enrolment key – click in the field and enter the exam access key. To check if the code is correct, click the icon .
Remember to save changes.
2. Please enable Turn editing on to be able to make changes to the exam.
3. The platform provides a resource “QUIZ”. It is established by the Administrator after approval of the application to create an exam.
4. To add questions to the test, click on the test name and then “Edit quiz”. .
5. Questions can be added by selecting the “Add/a new question” or choosing the ones that have already been created from the questions bank.
6. Types of questions that can be used in the quiz are shown on the picture.
7. Below you will find useful settings that can be set in the test.
Duration of the test
NOTE! The duration of the test should not be confused with the duration of the exam!!!
The grading method can be determined in advance in the category created by the test owner.
Test owner can decide on his/her own how the questions will be displayed. One question per page is a default setting.
Additional restrictions as to how many times the test can be taken
A password must be set for the test. NOTE! Do not confuse the test password with the exam password!
By creating an exam, students can sign up for it in advance. Entering the test password will prevent a registered student from viewing the test until he or she receives the password.
8. Inviting Students to the exam.
Students can be invited in two ways:
By providing exam location, name and access key, and then (if it has been set) the test access key (remember to set test start time or not to provide this password before the test).
Inviting students to take the exam manually, selecting the “Users/Enrolled Users” tab in the menu on the left in the “Exam Administration” menu, and then the “Enrol Users” button. Students should be registered by selecting their email in the edu.uekat.pl domain.
Below you will find a link to a tutorial video that presents all the most important functions and possible operation modes with the Microsoft Teams application, which is a set of tools for team collaboration.The service combines functionality with other Microsoft products included in Office 365 (How to access the Office 365 service). The manual was created by Microsoft employees during a presentation intended for employees of broadly understood education, including higher education.
You can view the instructions in your browser without logging in: Video in Polish.
Duration of the video: 2h (Video in Polish) Microsoft Teams manual (to view the manual, you must use an account in the uekat.pl domain).